Providing therapy (individual, family, and group) to adolescents, adults, and families.
Mental Health Speaker for schools, charities, parenting groups, and other helping profession agencies.
Writer on wellness/psychotherapy topics and also on the balance between one's personal/professional life.
Provide clinical supervision to ASWs (Associate Clinical Social Workers), PCCs (Professional Clinical Counselor) Interns, and MFTs (Marriage Family Therapy) Interns. Would love to provide group clinical supervision in the South Bay if there was enough local interest.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Working with Adolescents
- Relationship Problems, Identity Formation, Coping Skills
- Stress Management & Conflict Resolution
- Parenting and Family Issues
- Social Skills improvement for typical adolescents
- Learning to Navigate Social Media and Technology
- Miscarriage & Infertility Support
- Transitional Periods in One's Life-launching to college, entering work force, loss and change
- History of Child Abuse or Neglect, Trauma
- Working with Young Therapists doing their own psychological work
General Adolescent Group Therapy--2 Groups offered for High School Girls
Open-ended group for high school girls***8 maximum in group
$50 per week
Goals for group therapy: increase coping skills, help with identity formation, improve social skills, dealing with peer pressure, cultivate decision making skills, boost self-esteem, stress reduction/relaxation techniques/meditation, & learning new life skills.
New blog for parents of teenagers: www.inspiredparentsofteens.wordpress.com
Follow my professional Instagram account at Leahniehaus, lcsw for parenting tips, local resources, and inspiration
"We cannot do great things--only small things with great love." --Mother Teresa